If you ever have suffered from kidney stones, you surely know how painful they are. And if you don’t take preventive measures, there are chances that they will appear again. Even if you never had them in the past, there is no harm in working towards reducing the risk of developing them. It’s not at all complicated to prevent kidney stones but it requires making a few dietary choices. Also, follow a good Kidney Detox plan as it helps eliminate toxins from our kidneys and prevent stone formation.
Kidney stones are formed when certain substances such as oxalate, phosphate, and uric acid, etc, deposit inside your kidneys to form crystals. Kidney stones can be of different sizes, shapes, and colors. The smaller ones are usually not painful and pass unnoticed through the urinary tract but the larger ones can cause unbearable pain while leaving the body. While some become lodged in the urinary tract, can cause complications and require surgery to be removed.
To reduce your risk of recurrent kidney stones, it is very important to know about the foods and drinks you should completely avoid. And to detoxify your kidneys you can buy online Kidney Detox Supplement from Nature Sutra that frees your body from unwanted toxins in the most natural way.
Here are some foods that often lead to the formation of Kidney stones:
1. Sodium: It is very important to limit your sodium/salt intake and eat food with less salt. Excess sodium intake promotes calcium buildup which eventually leads to kidney stones formation. So, try to completely avoid processed junk foods that are loaded with salt.
2. Added Sugar: Products like chocolates, candies, granola bars, and high fructose corn syrup have loads of added sugar. This added sugar load decreases the urine output and increases the urine calcium volume which leads to stone formation. So, make sure to check the ingredients before you grab your favorite sugary snack next time.
3. Vitamin C supplements: Vitamin C is undoubtedly very beneficial to our health but an overdose can be harmful. This is because our body has no particular way of storing this compound and it gets converted into oxalates. And this further increases the risk of kidney stones. Therefore, it is advisable to limit your intake to 500mg.
4. Fizzy Drinks: The fizzy drinks that are tempting and refreshing have phosphoric acid in them and are very harmful to our body. Because they have phosphate they lead to the formation of kidney stones. Our body already has a good amount of phosphate and is not capable of bearing the overdose. So, it converts excess phosphate into stones.
5. Too much Animal Protein: Eating too much animal protein like red meat, seafood, poultry, and eggs increases the level of uric acid and could lead to Kidney stones. A diet which is high in protein also reduces the levels of urinary citrate, a chemical that helps prevent stone formation. So, if you have a history of Kidney stones or suffer from Kidney stones limit your animal protein intake.
6. Spinach: Spinach is healthy but not when you suffer from kidney stones. Spinach contains oxalate which can contribute to kidney stones. So, avoid eating spinach if you are prone to kidney stones, even if it is one of your favorite greens.